What is a Native iOS App and What is the Significance of You Offering This Service?
There are two main ways to develop an app for mobile devices. This is an important consideration as most people getting a new app developed want both an iOS version for users on Apple devices and an Android version for Android phones and tablets.
One of the ways to develop an app is to create a hybrid app. This involves using a combination of web applications and native apps. It means your developer can create one app and then re-purpose it for iOS, Android, and whatever other platform that is required.
The other main way to develop an app is to create a native app. This means developing the app for a specific platform. For native iOS apps, this means developing an app for use on iOS devices, i.e. Apple iPhones and iPads.
Which is better – hybrid apps or native apps? There are benefits of hybrid apps, including the fact that development time is faster, but native apps are usually the best choice.
The native apps that we build have better functionality and they deliver better performance than hybrid apps. They are also less likely to break whenever Apple or Google update their operating systems.
Our native iOS apps are also better because of the skill of our developers and because creating hybrid apps places restrictions and limitations on the development process, i.e. hybrid apps simply aren’t as good or effective as native apps.
What is the Process for Developing an iOS App?
- Initial consultation – to get an understanding of your requirements
- Quote and agreement – we’ll start work as soon as you give us the go-ahead
- Creative brief – we’ll meet online to discuss your idea in more detail
- Design concepts – we’ll create multiple design concepts for your review
- Branding and graphic design – we’ll also complete any required branding or graphic design work
- UX design – we’ll create the user flow and will optimise the layout of the app to deliver the best possible user experience
- App development – our developers will create the code
- Testing and feedback – we’ll test the app on multiple devices, and we’ll send it to you for review
- Revisions – revisions you request will be applied and bugs will be fixed
- Publish to App store – we’ll then look after publishing the app to the App Store and optimising the listing
How Long Will It Take to Get My App onto the App Store?
Depending on the complexity of the app, most iOS apps can be developed, tested, and finalised in one to two months. The availability of information, as well as the review and approval process, will influence this timeline considerably.
Once the App is complete and uploaded to the App Store it must be approved by Apple. This part of the process can take up to two weeks.
Should I Also Develop an Android App?
For most businesses, the answer is yes. More people use Android devices than Apple devices, so it makes sense to also have an Android app to ensure you reach the widest possible audience.
For technical reasons we don’t need to go into here, it is often better to develop the iOS version of the app first.
If you would like to find out more about our iOS native mobile application development services.
Please contact us today