We don’t just make web apps – we make web apps that get results. Here’s how:
- We’ll make sure we understand what you want the app to do
- We’ll also ensure we understand how you will measure success
- Our team will focus on how people will actually use the app rather than the theory of how they might or should use it
- Our UX experts will develop an intuitive flow and helpful navigation to make the app as easy to use as possible
- The design we create will be modern, attractive, and will match your brand
- The app will be developed for optimum speed and performance
- It will be future proof too, making it easy to enhance, scale, and update
- The app will be extensively tested before it is launched
- We’ll provide you with all the training you need
What’s the Difference Between a Web App and a Website?
Both web apps and websites live on the internet and they are accessed by web browsers. So, what’s the difference?
Web apps and websites differ in what they do:
- A website is informational, e.g. a brochure website for a business, a blog or news website, or an e-commerce shop
- A web app is interactive, e.g. Facebook, Gmail, online accounting tools, or CRM platforms
Of course, even with the definitions above, there are often blurred lines. This is usually in the form of a website that features web applications on various pages. A printing company that lets you not only purchase business cards, but also design them using an application within the website is an example.
Why Is Bespoke Web App Development Recommended Over Buying an Off-the-Shelf Solution?
Off-the-shelf solutions can be deployed very quickly, and the initial investment is usually (although not always) less than developing a bespoke web app.
However, there are many situations where a bespoke web app is the only choice. This particularly applies if you need a unique web app where an off-the-shelf solution doesn’t exist.
It also applies if you need specific functionality to fit in with your business and become integrated with your processes.
A CRM solution is a good example. Off-the-shelf CRM solutions are one-size-fits-all, so are likely to have features you do not need. They will probably also lack features you do need, and you might operate in a way that is different from the way the CRM wants you to.
In this situation, a bespoke web app is the better choice. After all, there is no point saving a little bit of money by buying an off-the-shelf solution if it turns out to be unworkable or ineffective.
Will My Web App be Easy to Use?
Yes, ease of use is one of our main priorities when developing your web app.
At Outsource NZ, we understand that developing a web app is only part of the process of implementing the new tool in your business. Once you have the web app, you need to get people to use it whether those people are your employees, customers, suppliers, or anyone else.
If the web app is difficult or clunky, or if users find it confusing, the app won’t be successful.
As we’re not in the business of building unsuccessful web apps here at Outsource NZ, your web app will be as easy to use as possible.
What are the Most Important Factors that Will Determine the Success of My Web App?
- Processes, the flow of information, and the way the app works needs to match user expectations
- Users need to understand the benefits of the app to ensure they completely buy-in
- The app needs to run smoothly with everything working, and it has to be fast
- The app should also look modern and professional and it should have your branding
- The app should be quick to deploy, it should work on all devices, it should be scalable, and it should be straightforward to update
We can build a web app that will deliver on your expectations and that will work for your business. Please contact us to get a quote and to find out more.