What is Staff Augmentation?
Staff augmentation is the use of external specialists on-demand to augment the capacity of your organisation. Your staff augmentation partner takes away the hassle of finding and managing high tech personnel and so you can focus on your core business activities. These remotely located augmented staff work only for your organisation and can be hired for short or long-term contracts.
The most common scenarios for staff augmentation are:
- Your local talent pool is in shortage, and you need extra staff immediately.
- You want to save money on recruitment and staffing costs.
The project requires out-of-house specialised skills (e.g. technical proficient in using a particular type of coding language, quality checks).
- You have a tight deadline and don’t have enough in-house resources to deliver on time (before the competitor releases a similar product).
- When you have low budgets for the projects that you are working on, hiring offshore resources saves you money on a recurring basis and still your team is growing offshore.
Types of Staff Augmentation
There are different types of staff augmentation: short-term and long-term hiring models. Short-term staff augmentation (3 – 6 months) is ideal for filling in the demand when in-house staff are overloaded with work or when your company needs immediate resources.
Long-term staff augmentation, the more commonly used service, is perfect for finding developers for big projects where it is expected to take place for 1 year or longer. It can significantly reduce operational costs and the time for in-house hiring.
Staff augmentation can be further divided into 3 categories: commodity, skill-based, and highly skilled. As their names suggest, the commodity has the lowest level of skills required, and the highly skilled developers come from a high qualifying background and extensive experience.
Here at Outsource NZ, our IT staff augmentation service offers you all types of talents regardless of how simple or complex the project. From testing prototypes to completing the entire development cycle, we thrive on finding the extra talent you need to boost your project.
How Does Staff Augmentation Benefit My Business?
High Productivity Level
Your augmented staff are only focused on your project, just like how your in-house developers would work. They are not distracted by other projects that outsourcing teams do.
IP Rights Protection
From the very beginning, Outsource NZ will sign confidentiality agreements with you to ensure your ideas and intellectual property rights are protected. All resources we hire will also sign confidentiality agreements with our offshore registered company in Pakistan, making sure your ideas are well protected by IP laws and rights.
You have access to a pool of Pakistan talents on-demand, including UX/UI designers, front-end and back-end developers, and quality assurance experts. When you collaborate with Outsource NZ, you won’t even need to pay to replace a candidate – easy hiring with peace of mind.
Time And Money Saving
Staff augmentation allows you to find the right people for every role in less time. You only pay a fee for your augmented team salary and don’t need to pay for additional office space and equipment.
Seamless Communication & Full Control
You have full control over all the operations of your augmented staff and oversee your extension team’s performance yourself. You can set up direct calls and video meetings to assign tasks and provide feedback whenever you need.
Why Choose Outsource NZ To Augment My Team?
With 20+ years of experience in software development, 7+ years of experience in IT staff augmentation and access to over 100,000 developers in Pakistan, Outsource NZ offers a range of benefits for your business:
- Reduced Costs – There are no costs associated with the hiring process or the overhead charges to hire a developer with Outsource NZ. You are only paying for the developer’s salary in advance. And we take care of all the legwork and brainwork from the beginning till the end.
- Confidentiality Agreement with Outsource NZ – Rest assured that your project is kept confidential with us, and your intellectual property rights are protected as we sign non-disclosure statements and legal agreements with all our clients.
- Confidentiality Agreement With Talents We Hire – Developers we hire would sign a legal agreement with our offshore company and abide by the legal laws of Pakistan so they can’t breach any of the clauses written in the agreement. Most importantly, it’s related to the confidentiality and the security of intellectual property rights, and they would be bound to provide us notice before they could leave the job.
- Rapid Candidate Replacement – If you are unsatisfied with the candidates we provide, we have a fast hiring process to find a replacement that meets your requirements and ensures your project is not affected by the turnover.
- Continuous Support For New Talents – Here at Outsource NZ, we help new employees successfully integrate into your team by passing on all the employee benefits (e.g., healthcare, daily breakfast, high speed internet, and more) from you. We also provide them with the latest machines and the best office environment and log daily HR operations on employee performance analysis. In this way, your extension team don’t feel they are freelancers, but instead are a valuable member of a renowned organisation
What Is Outsource NZ Staff Augmentation Process?
- Tell Us Your Needs
Simply tell us what the must-have requirements and ‘bonus skills’ for the position are. Let us know your project too, so we know what kind of tasks the candidates need to be able to complete.
Our HR team then starts screening talents based on your requirements, who are later interviewed by our Management Team in NZ. We rigorously test for technical abilities and soft skills and provide at least 2 shortlisted candidates for each position. Thus, you only have the best lot for the final review, saving you time and effort.
- Your Final Review And Hire
Once you have interviewed the candidates over Zoom or Google Meet, just let us know who you want to hire, and we’ll prepare all the paperwork, including a letter of offer, written contract, and confidentiality agreement. Plus, we’ll provide the start date of the resources, so you can make arrangements at your end too.
- Start Working
We supply the hired developers with the latest machines to work on (at our own expense) and provide high-speed internet, so there will not be any delays in productivity. You can have the peace of mind that your extended team is supported by fully-fledged office workstations and a healthy working environment.
- On-going Support
A dedicated account manager is assigned to manage the HR and daily operational needs and help you build a friendly relationship with your augmented team. To support a healthy working environment, your augmented staff receive the same benefits as our NZ employees and also any employee benefits you wish to offer.